Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An automotive forum with an emphasis on Fords

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

351W and Disc Brake Parts

Go down 
AuthorMessage

351W and Disc Brake Parts Empty
PostSubject: 351W and Disc Brake Parts   351W and Disc Brake Parts EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 3:15 pm

Hey BOSSers, got a deal for you...I got a 351W (needs rebuild) and a complete disc kit off a '68 Cougar I'm looking to move for $250.

The 351W came out of Torino. It has decent heads, a nice intake, a new-in-the-box harmonic balancer, and some long tube headers. For sure the bottom end needs some work (bearings and possibility some crank work). You can check with the BOSS on that, he has better details than I.

The disc brakes are off a 1968 Cougar so they'll fit Cougars and Mustangs of the 67-68 year time frame. It comes with both spindles, rotors, calipers, an over-sized master cylinder (this is a manual brake kit) and a proportioning valve.

Both were slated to be installed on my Mustang but when you no longer have the car, you no longer need the parts. The are sitting in my parents garage in Federal Way, so if you are interested let me know and I can arrange for you to see them. I tried to price them so it would be a good deal for someone. I just want them out of my parents garage.

Thanks Bros.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 351W and Disc Brake Parts   351W and Disc Brake Parts EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:00 am

would the disk brake kit fit a 65-66 mustang?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 351W and Disc Brake Parts   351W and Disc Brake Parts EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:15 pm

With your engineering skills...of course.

You are more than welcome to grab the parts and look them over. Just get with the Boss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 351W and Disc Brake Parts   351W and Disc Brake Parts EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:17 pm

after some research, i think they will fit the 65/66......may have to change the tierod ends.... afro

don't let this deal get by you f'nutz.....you kick yourself later if you do...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 351W and Disc Brake Parts   351W and Disc Brake Parts EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 5:38 am

Um....I can deal with tie rod ends....FBF what do you want for the disk brake "kit"? I don't need the 351....wouldn't mind having it, just don't have the room....

Do the wheel cylinders need any "work"?

nevermind....WTF....you take pay pal? Got an address to send a check?? I'll take the whole ball of wax....sounds like a deal and you probably need the cash to take out some of those harley gals you been showin' us....

nuts

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 351W and Disc Brake Parts   351W and Disc Brake Parts EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Make sure the stuff is up to F'Nuts quality standards before you go throwing money around.

If it is, I'll take $100 for the whole brake set up. Let me know. Thanks F'Nuts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 351W and Disc Brake Parts   351W and Disc Brake Parts EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 11:40 pm

SOLD! the check is in the mail! afro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 351W and Disc Brake Parts   351W and Disc Brake Parts EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 4:27 am

hang on fbf......you got my word on it.....I'll come thru.

need theboss to get back from the sunny beaches of hawaii.....then we'll go load stuff up and get you a check in the mail. you pm me you address yet???

nuts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 351W and Disc Brake Parts   351W and Disc Brake Parts EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 2:45 am

nuts....I am out the rest of this week and all of next week. maybe sat after next? (20th)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 351W and Disc Brake Parts   351W and Disc Brake Parts EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 4:53 am

TheBOSS wrote:
nuts....I am out the rest of this week and all of next week. maybe sat after next? (20th)

Sounds like a plan....should I stick a check in the mail to fbf in the mean time?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 351W and Disc Brake Parts   351W and Disc Brake Parts EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 3:26 pm

Don't mail the check yet. Look first and then decide.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 351W and Disc Brake Parts   351W and Disc Brake Parts EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:29 am

alright brutha.....soon as TB is available we'll run over there......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 351W and Disc Brake Parts   351W and Disc Brake Parts EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 4:31 pm

You can load up your harley wheel too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 351W and Disc Brake Parts   351W and Disc Brake Parts EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:18 am

sorry about the deliquency..... Did you send me your address for sending a check?? OR MAYBE, I can send you some dough through PayPal??? Anyway, I'm ready to finally make a move on this! How should I proceed?

Nuts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 351W and Disc Brake Parts   351W and Disc Brake Parts EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 3:08 pm

I will defer to my previous post...

"Don't mail the check yet. Look first and then decide."

Pay pal or check or whatever is fine. Honestly Nuts, if you can use the stuff, take it and use it. I'd rather have it used and out of my parents garage more than anything else.

ps Love the progress on the Airstream, looking good Man!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 351W and Disc Brake Parts   351W and Disc Brake Parts Empty

Back to top Go down

351W and Disc Brake Parts
Page 1 of 1