An automotive forum with an emphasis on Fords

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

*** FOUND *** WANTED: Big Block bellhousing *** FOUND ***

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: *** FOUND *** WANTED: Big Block bellhousing *** FOUND ***   Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:04 am

Need a big block bellhousing for top-loader with casting number starting with C9 or D0.

Last edited by f-nuts on Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Are you sure   Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:04 am

Is this for the Hudson?
I'm running a 400M bellhousing on my 460.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *** FOUND *** WANTED: Big Block bellhousing *** FOUND ***   Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:03 pm

Latreenbeast wrote:
Is this for the Hudson?

Yeah...for the Hudson. I've read a bunch about using the 400 bell.....I'll probably end up doing that since it's almost impossible to find an original 429/460 unit. It sounds like if you use the 400 that you need to use a diaphragm pressure plate and possibly trim off the tranny input shaft since the 400 bell is ~0.4" shallower than the 429 bell.

Last edited by f-nuts on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *** FOUND *** WANTED: Big Block bellhousing *** FOUND ***   Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:02 pm

f-nuts wrote:
Latreenbeast wrote:
Is this for the Hudson?

Yeah...for the Hudson. I've read a bunch about using the 400 bell.....I'll probably end up doing that since it's almost impossible to find and original 429/460 unit. It sounds like if you use the 400 that you need to use a diaphragm pressure plate and possibly trim off the tranny input shaft since the 400 bell is ~0.4" shallower than the 429 bell.
Not impossible, just heavy(cast iron). If you really need that part, look for a F-250 2-wheel drive 75' on up?. The bonus of the 400M housing is a larger diameter clutch when used with a 429 flywheel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *** FOUND *** WANTED: Big Block bellhousing *** FOUND ***   

Back to top Go down

*** FOUND *** WANTED: Big Block bellhousing *** FOUND ***
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic :: Classifieds-
Jump to: