Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An automotive forum with an emphasis on Fords

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kind of new

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Kind of new Empty
PostSubject: Kind of new   Kind of new EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 3:03 am

For one dollar, I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.

I been here before but it's been awhile. I have a couple of 67 fairlanes. None of witch have seen the road in a long time. I have been thinking about starting to work on them again.
Back to top Go down

Kind of new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of new   Kind of new EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:05 pm

Welcome Back! Maybe you posting some pictures or progress on the Fairlanes will motivate the rest of forum to do the same. Seems like the winter has de-motivated a lot of us.
Back to top Go down

Kind of new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of new   Kind of new EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 1:48 am

INCONEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad youre back....the site has been slow for a while. I did recently pick up a lathe.....kind of a charity situation. You can read about that down in the treasure/barn finds section.

Let's see these fairlanes. Spring is coming!!!!

nuts
Back to top Go down

Kind of new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of new   Kind of new EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:27 pm

I put a new front end on my car, all stock except for a 1 inch sway bar and 1 inch lowered springs. I have not tightened all the bolt up yet, as I don't want to mess anything up. This is the first time I have replaced the entire front suspension on a car. I was thinking about towing to les schwab or discount tires and have them do the alignment. The passenger side tire is kicked out a little.Do you guys have any suggestions?
Back to top Go down

Kind of new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of new   Kind of new EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:46 am

I believe on these hot ladies you need to shim the upper control arm shaft either out or in for the right camber. The shims are "U" shaped and go underneath the bushing shaft. You also put either more shims in front or more in the back to adjust the caster also. You also want a little "toe in" by adjusting the tie rods so she don't "wander" going down the road. On level ground with a tape measure and a level you can get it close enough to take it to an alignment place where they'll dial it in. Good luck and take some pics!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kind of new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of new   Kind of new Empty

Back to top Go down

Kind of new
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic :: Introductions-
Jump to: